EA Shaw is committed to preventing fraud, corruption and bribery wherever it may be found in any area of activity.
EA Shaw expects that individuals and organisations that it deals with will act with integrity and without thought or actions involving fraud or corruption. Where relevant, EA Shaw will include appropriate clauses in its contracts about the consequences of fraud, bribery and corruption; evidence of such acts is most likely to lead to summary termination of the particular contract and may lead to prosecution.
EA Shaw will take the appropriate steps to ensure that it and all employees and those acting of its behalf:
- Meet all legal and regulatory requirements governing the law and ethical conduct of business
- Make all members of staff aware of their personal responsibilities and adhere at all times to this policy
- Ensure transactions are properly and accurately recorded
- Provide information to all staff on the procedures available to them to report any breach or suspected breach of this policy
- Ensure all breaches or suspected breaches of this policy are fully investigated and, if appropriate, invoke disciplinary measures and take prompt action to remedy the breach and prevent any repetition
Fraud and corruption are disruptive, unpleasant and costly, both in terms of reputational risk and financial losses, as well as time-consuming to identify and investigate. The prevention of fraud is therefore a key objective.
Our strategy for dealing with fraud and bribery involves the corporate framework, prevention, deterrence, detection and investigation, action and recovery and training.